Acuiti today launches the Asset Management Insight Report. This marks our latest network launch, adding to a suite of networks that serve the prop trading, hedge fund and sellside execution and clearing sectors among others.
As with those networks, we will provide senior executives in the asset management industry with a quarterly snapshot of attitudes, approaches and sentiment among the community. This report is based on a survey and interviews with members of the Acuiti Asset Management Expert Network, a group of derivatives-focused senior executives from the global asset management community.
Each quarter members of the Expert Network have the opportunity to pose questions and better understand how they and their peers are approaching common challenges and opportunities.
The key findings of this report included:
- Asset management executives see the greatest opportunities in new trading strategies and investment in technology
- Cost bases are the main challenge that network members are dealing with
- Active account proposals in EMIR 3.0 are already having an effect on firms’ euro swap
holdings, with over a third moving a portion of their books to an EU CCP
- Network members are divided on T+1 settlement, with some fearing it will cause operational complications
- Tokenization is seen as a promising collateral management tool, but many still perceive it as an immature solution
Download the full report below.