London, December 9th 2022: Acuiti today launches its Sell-Side Execution Expert Network, the latest in its series of networks of senior market executives.
Acuiti Expert Networks provide a virtual forum through which senior executives can gauge sentiment and benchmark approaches to common challenges.
Members of the network have access to a portal through which they can pose questions to other members of the network in a quarterly survey. Each quarter, members of the network receive a report analysing the responses to the survey.
The Sell-Side Execution Expert Network is comprised of senior executives at banks and brokers managing trading and execution desks across asset classes.
The first quarterly report for the Sell-Side Execution Expert Network, produced in association with ION, explores how firms have adapted exchange risk controls in the wake of the volatility during 2022, how banks and brokers are managing the return to the office and plans for headcount growth in 2023.
In addition, the inaugural report provides a deep dive into how firms are approaching investment in order and execution management systems.
The key findings of the report are:
- 81% of sell side firms have conducted reviews of exchange risk controls in the wake of the market volatility seen during 2022
- Pre-trade risk controls are the main area of focus for these reviews
- A majority of firms have mandated a full time return to the office for trading staff but are offering more flexibility in other areas
- Firms are looking to boost headcount in trading and execution roles in 2023 but less aggressive in operations and technology roles
- The sell-side is most open to outsourcing front office technology for listed derivatives
- 73% of firms are either hosting front office software in the cloud or open to doing so
- Over half of firms have either recently invested in their OMS/EMS or are planning to do so
“2022 has been a challenging year for sell-side execution desks but also one that has presented opportunities. Our inaugural Sell-Side Execution Network Report found that firms were generally optimistic about their business performance in the current climate as volatility creates the need for clients to hedge risk and reposition their exposures,” says Ross Lancaster, Head of Research at Acuiti.
To download the full report visit www.acuiti.io/the-sell-side-execution-management-insight-report-q4-2022
For more information, contact Nastja Konic
Tel.: +44 (0) 203 998 9684
Acuiti is a management intelligence platform designed to provide Senior Industry Professionals in the Derivatives Industry with high-value insight into industry-wide performance and business operations. Acuiti provides a platform through which our exclusive network of Senior Industry Executives can share and source information on day-to-day operational challenges, providing them and their management teams with increased transparency and in-depth analysis to make more informed decisions and benchmark company performance. Financial Institutions benefiting from our services include Banks, Non-bank FCMs, Brokers, Proprietary Trading Firms, Hedge Funds and Asset Managers.