Acuiti today publishes the Changing Approaches to Crypto Trading Technology whitepaper in partnership with Trading Technologies, a global capital markets technology platform provider. This whitepaper is based on a survey of Acuiti’s Crypto Derivatives Expert Network, conducted in Q4 2022.
Some of the key findings of the report included:
- Proprietary trading firms, hedge funds and asset managers entering the crypto derivatives markets have experienced challenges in building technology in-house, particularly for risk management, trading execution and market data tools
- As the quality and sophistication of third-party offerings in the crypto derivatives market increases, firms are likely to increasingly look to third parties
- Crypto derivatives market participants would welcome increased involvement from traditional sell-side firms with balance sheet and reputation the key benefits they would bring
- A significant majority of firms execute most of their trading on exchange via a central limit order book, but over-the-counter (OTC) volumes are expected to increase
- Over a third of crypto-native firms are set to expand into traditional asset classes
Download the full report below.