Acuiti today publishes Expanding Connectivity: Exploring the challenges and solutions for trading in new markets report. This report was produced in partnership with BSO and is based on surveys or interviews of senior executives at 76 proprietary trading firms, hedge funds, and bank execution and trading desks.
Some of the key findings of the report included:
- Trading firms are increasingly looking to expand their strategies to new markets at the same time as exchanges in those markets make big investments in their infrastructure and technology
- Despite clear opportunities in these markets, the cost of connecting to them is often high, and the timeframe for entry lengthy
- Asia is the most desirable region for traders, but Latin America also ranked highly
- Latency has become increasingly important, even among firms that do not rely on it for their strategies
- Increasingly, firms are looking to work with third-party providers to satisfy their connectivity needs in a more cost-efficient and timely manner.
To download the full whitepaper, please fill out the form below.