Acuiti today publishes Systematic hedge funds: Bringing the case for buy- and-build to the front-office report.
This report was conducted in partnership with Broadridge Financial Solutions and is based on surveys or interviews of 50 systematic hedge funds. Some of the key findings of the report included:
- 58% of the surveyed firms are already utilising a combination of both outsourced strategies and in-house development to build their front office technology
- Latency is the key factor in determining attitudes to outsourcing front office technology, with firms for which latency is critical more likely to develop in-house
- Finding skilled staff and raising initial funding have become the biggest challenges for starting a new fund
- The front-office functions that funds are most likely to outsource are EMS, market data feeds and front-end trading screens
- Buy and build platforms are emerging as a new alternative to choosing between off-the-shelf solutions and in-house development
Download the full report below.