Acuiti today publishes the Q1 2023 Hedge Fund Management Insight Report. This report is based on a survey of the Acuiti Hedge Fund Expert Network, a group of predominantly systematic and derivatives-focused senior hedge fund executives from across the global market.
In this quarter’s report, we review the key challenges facing firms today, the outlook for asset classes in 2023 and how funds are structuring remote working post-covid.
Some of the key findings of the report included:
- Hedge funds expect Commodities, crypto and FX to be the best performing asset classes for their business in 2022
- Raising capital, liquidity and finding skilled staff are the major challenges for firms
- Hedge funds trading derivatives are holding back cash and changing strategies to meet the demands of higher margins
- Over three quarters of firms in the network were raising salaries and bonuses to retain staff
- Working from home arrangements look set to become semi-permanent but only in certain roles
Download the full report below.