Acuiti today publishes Solving the Investment Trilemma report, in partnership with Nasdaq.
This report examines the evolution of ESG and thematic investing in listed derivatives markets and the role that custom basket forwards are playing in these developments. Crucially, we examine whether this new generation of products can solve the trilemma of achieving capital and margin efficiency, low cost of trading and customisability that has so far eluded investors.
It is based on surveys or interviews of Europe-based senior executives actively involved in equity derivatives markets at 67 sell-side and asset management firms.
Some of the key findings of the report included:
- Asset managers are looking to continue reducing OTC exposures for equity
products over the next three years
- The cost and complexity of ISDA agreements and capital efficiency are the major factors driving demand for listed alternatives among asset managers
- ESG and thematic investing is increasing the need for customisable products for both asset managers and the sell-side
- Investors currently face a trilemma in their demand for tailorable products, with none offering capital and margin efficiency, low trading costs and customisability
- Custom basket forwards solve the trilemma, enabling asset managers to develop capital efficient, bespoke products and sell-side firms to engage new clients and expand their offerings
Download the full report below.